Stop Motion Film

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r9ai0FjmMlA_GfQMk20g0_eMgXxg0fV8uF11-btWTgc/edit?usp=sharing

For the stop motion project, I was partnered with Srinandini. However, I was absent for a while. This lead to my partner having to take up the responsibility of designing the storyboard on her own. This was a problem to a certain extent. However, when I was back in class we managed to work together on my partner’s idea.

What could be improved for next time?

For next time, I would want to find a way to still be able to communicate with my partner about the storyboard, as for this project it the story presented was based on her ideas. I would also try to use a more stable camera to take the shots, this is because in the end video it is clear that the camera was unstable when the pictures were being taken which lead to less fluent transitions from slide to slide. I also think more pictures should have been taken with maybe another character. This is because the story didn’t really have a build up to anything and just looked like a montage of photos, which wasn’t the goal. However, I am still satisfied with our end video and I think my partner did really well consider my absence. I also believe that in my video I could have used better sound affects.

How well was my contribution as a partner?

As said above I was absent for the majority of this project, however, I feel that when I was back in class my contribution was of a good enough standard to get the final video to both my satisfaction as well as my partners but throughout the project, I wasn’t in complete agreeance with my partners idea’s, which lead to a decrease in my motivation to really work hard on this project. The reasoning behind why I didn’t intervene with my partner’s ideas was because she had already completed the slides and collected the resources that fitted with her idea.

How was the vignette interpreted and conveyed?

The vignette chose was;

Then the moment of reality hit me. The hungry rumble of the skies were hard to neglect. No domain of patience would be enough to sustain me sitting in that hiding place during a thunderstorm. It would leave me exposed. Come on. It was right next to the window, just some hollow curtain wouldn’t be enough to protect me. It’s all a blur but it’s so funny how society with its shallow show-off self, deviates from its flash, when real thunderstorms hit. Flashy curtains and dry crystals can’t even protect. The lightning reveals their reality –trying to hide. The wooden table is the best camouflage, without secrecy, it shelters real solutions for people. Unlike society, my wooden study table is educated, she is not shallow. And she is my only saviour in this world

I feel that this vignette was conveyed well through our stop motion through my partner’s interpretation. The interpretation was mainly my partners due to my absence. However, the message we tried to show using her interpretation, I feel was done really well.

“Just some hollow curtain wouldn’t be enough to protect me.” This quote from the vignette was shown really well and strongly in our stop motion video. However, there would be room for improvement with this, as the scene we tried to create wasn’t made in the best way and turned out looking poorly edited.

On this link you can see my video

Conclusion

To conclude this project. I would like to acknowledge the fact that I am pleased with the outcome of my video and that I also think my partner Srinandini did an amazing job to work through my absence. I look forward to working on projects similar to this in the future.