Intro to Boomerang Bags

1. What is the purpose of Boomerang Bags?

The main purpose of Boomerang Bags is to fight against the issue of overuse of plastic and plastic pollution. Boomerang Bags creates a community of people who work together to spread awareness of this issue and act upon it.

2. How has boomerang bags make a difference so far?

Currently, there are 860 Boomerang Bag communities around the globe and together they have diverted 62,000kg of plastic from landfills. They have also thoroughly spread awareness of the issue.

3. How would I be able to make a difference?

My joining Boomerang Bags, I am already beginning to make a difference. I am helping in the process of making these bags which replace unsustainable single use plastic bags. From being part of this community, I am able to spread awareness. To make a difference individually I must observe my own consumption of plastic and try my best to reduce and avoid it.

My experience with teamwork and collaboration has prepared me for this group. I would say that I am more comfortable and efficient when working in a group because I feel less pressure when I know that I have people to help me and who I can share my ideas with. In this service, it is very important that all the members understand how to work effectively in a group so that we can produce more bags and make a bigger difference. Personally, I have had a lot of experience with working in groups and I am excited to work with the people in my new community.

When assigning roles, it might be useful for the chairs to know that at I have not had a lot of experience with sewing and the skills involved in this activity. I joined this service because I am passionate about it’s background and it’s goal, rather than the practical work involved in it. Saying this, I am excited and willing to learn the new skills and hopefully master them.