Kahaani Practices

Learning outcome 2: Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process. 

Kahaani practices were short and fast-paced as it was once a week during Friday lunch time. This was a challenge for me as I do not have much experience in dancing and have participated in only 1 dance show since primary school up until Kahaani. I was also completely new to Indian dances as I have only seen them in movies, songs and videos and never really tried it out myself. This meant that I really had to step out of my comfort zone for this activity as I also happened to be allocated with the Victory Dance which is super fast-paced and required a lot of energy!

Despite the challenges, I enjoyed these practice sessions a lot. The dance leader, Riya Jindal was very patient with us and taught us every step until we mastered it. We recorded our progress and got dance tutorials recorded by Riya to help us practice outside of our sessions as well. As our Victory Dance included 3 separate dances, practices were very hectic and a good form of exercise for me as well. This was much needed exercise as during season 2 I only took part in pre-season netball which was once a week on wednesday nights. Kahaani practices left me energized at the end of the school week.