CAS Reflection #1 – Cognitive Rehabilitation with Apex Harmony Lodge

In term 3, I joined the Apex Harmony Lodge service because they required me members and I decided to join because it was a service I did in Grade 10 and I really enjoyed it and thought we did good work in the service. In this reflection, I will focus on Learning Objectives 3 and 6 which are planning and initiating activities and engaging with issues of global importance. Firstly we had to plan every session based on the member of the lodge we were allocated and we had to decide on activities and things to talk about based on their preferences, for example, a certain resident really enjoyed the music so we decided to play him some music that he enjoys and allow him to relax. In addition, I think this service engages with issues of global importance. because worldwide elderly people are often undervalued in society and especially those with disabilities face a more difficult time, and this service raises awareness of the importance they have to society and how they can contribute as well and how society can help them lead more included lives; specifically, with the focus on the elderly population with disabilities in Singapore and our service attempts to include them in the community.

Planning Document For Residents

0 comments on “CAS Reflection #1 – Cognitive Rehabilitation with Apex Harmony LodgeAdd yours →