Writer’s fortnight 2020 day 2

Speaker 1: Free Sam

Today the first speaker I saw talked about her grandson who was basically stuck between two bad parents. The thing that struck me was when I asked her about her relationship with her son now that she know what a terrible parent he has been and she said something along the lines of she had lost her respect for him but when they talked they still got along fine. Also that she didn’t want to ruin her relationship with him in case she lost whatever input she had on her grandson’s life. If found this really interesting because she did not respect her son any more but she was so afraid of losing her grandson she just dealt with it.

It was a really sad story. Though I do not really know what angle I would follow for an article on this.

Speaker 2: Al Hornsby

My second speaker was the guest speaker. He had had some very interesting experiences. But we were talking in class a while ago how stories need conflict or human interest. However, I was unable to find an angle for that other than wildlife conservation and climate change. While those are both fascinating and complex topics they are also things that I have written about before so I do not think I would want to repeat that. Even if I don’t write about his story and the issues that connect to it his stories were still so interesting and writer’s fortnight was a fascinating experience. Hearing all about these different people was great and I hope whatever I end up writing about does the stories and experiences I heard about justice.

One Reply to “Writer’s fortnight 2020 day 2”

1. kal@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

Thanks, Victoria. Yes, I heard that Barb Reid’s story about her grandson was really quite hard hitting. The teacher described it as one of the saddest stories of neglect she had ever heard.