Rock Climbing Final Reflection

Rock climbing has been a really positive experience recently. I stopped boxing at the end of grade 11 but decided to keep rock climbing. There was a little gap in my reflections but in October the activity changed a little. I got to join the team that would go on to do competitions. this was really amazing as I had only been to one before and they were just returning after COVID. Through this, we got to start training at a proper climbing gym which really increased my motivation to improve. I also got to know students from other grand and for a real team bond. Since then I have gone to 3 competitions while the school is mostly not as good as other schools due to our very new team all the competitions have been really fun and all the teams get along and try to help each other out. I did come 4th in one competition after being tied as 3rd for most of the event which was a really good experience and I hope to maybe win something soon. I have two more competitions one of which will be overseas which is very exciting since due to the pandemic I have never gotten to travel overseas for an activity. Through this my motivation for the sport has really grown and i really push myself during training to keep trying climbs until I finish them. Overall, I am really loving the activity and even though I don’t have very long left I really hope to find a way to continue after I finish school.

Here are some photos from the competitions