Culturama 2019: Trinidad and Tobago

This year I decided to do culturama again because I did it last year, in 2018, and I learned a lot from it such as collaboration and commitment skills. I felt that this year I wanted to do a dance but of another genre. Last year, I did France which was of burlesque style. This year, the dance I am in is more upbeat and requires a slightly different skillset.  We have rehearsals once a week but nearer to the performance day, we have to commit extra time to practice. Since we only have 7 weeks to prepare for the show, our dance leaders have sent us videos on what to learn and practice in our own time in order to have it prepared by the next rehearsal. Our dance leaders have been very organised by putting all the videos in a folder (shown in the pictures). Being in grade 12, there is not a lot of free time to devote to this which was challenging for me. However, I learned how to manage my time better in order to have the best culturama experience. Extra rehearsals and extra time into learning dances required commitment. My dance group is a combination of grade 12 and 11. I am able to collaborate with people that I have not worked with before which built my communication skills. I can honestly say that I was able to explore my passion for dancing through Culturama because it gives me the opportunity to embrace and display my skills.