Culturama (The Final Performance)

On October 10th, 2017, I performed in the annualĀ ‘Culturama’ show along with the other dancers in my ‘India’ dance. As mentioned in a previous post, the dance was a fusion of the classical Bharatanatyam (my half of the dance), and the Bhangra and Garba.

The experience of the show in itself was incredible due to the high energy of all of our performers – whether they be in our dance or not. As our dressing room was right next to the auditorium and hence the stage, we could hear the music of previous dances, and especially the applause of the audience. Of the three shows we performed for an audience, it seemed as though our energy levels only increased as we were determined to put up a better performance every time.

I have performed countless times before on stage, so this time was another very fulfilling opportunity for me as a dancer. I was able to further explore and showcase my passion for my dance style Bharatanatyam while working with other dancers of various skill levels.

All of our rehearsals before this day had been, to say the least, fun but exhausting. We had to learn an entire dance and look professional while juggling other activities and exams. However, I can safely say that our end performance was nothing short of thrilling, and a beautiful blend of the multifaceted culture of India.

Above is a photo that was taken by a professional photographer during the final performance. In the photo, I am pulling the final pose right before the lights go out, as are all of my fellow dancers in the background. This photo was also used as promotional material for the Round Square events our school took part in.

LO4 – Show commitment to and perseverance in you CAS experiences

LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively