Season 2 U19A tennis – initial post (before season starts)

The tennis season at school starts next week. Trials for the U19 team are on Monday and Friday. My goal this year is to play singles in the starting lineup for the SESAC squad this year, the top 3 players on the team play singles and the 4th and 5th ranked players play first doubles and the 6th and 7th ranked players play second doubles and the rest are alternates. Last time I played for the SEASAC team I was in first doubles and I was in grade 8. As an 11th-grade student now my goal is to play singles and to play in one of the top 3 spots on my team. I’ve been training hard this year so I can do well in trials and get that singles spot that I’m aiming for. It’s been challenging to train and prepare for this tennis season as a grade 11 IB student. With the increased workload in school and the additional training hours, I’ve had to organize my time efficiently and sacrifice some of my free time. However, I’m dedicated to both my tennis and my school and I believe that these challenges will ultimately help me gain the singles spot that I’m aiming for. Additionally, I’ve missed 2 years of school tennis due to covid and I am very motivated to compete again this year and represent my school in the sport that I love. Hopefully, restrictions start to ease up more, and hopefully, we can play some competitive matches again this season.