DJ Club (CAS creativity activity) – Initial post (LO1: Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth)

Last week I started the first session of my new creativity activity called DJ club. I originally signed up for Dj club as my creativity for CAS because of my passion for music. I had many options on creative different activities that I could choose from but DJ club seemed most interesting to me. Ive also been a huge fan of music and Ive always been intrigued as to how professional Dj’s and artists mix beats and DJ songs. I felt that participating in this activity would not only fill in my CAS requirements but also give me the opportunity to learn how to DJ and develop a new skill.

During our first session at DJ club we were introduced into what the activity was about and what type of things we will be learning during this season. We first learned how to mix two tracks together. To do this we had to focus on timing, tempo, and staying on the beat so that the two tracks would blend smoothly together.

Looking ahead to this season I think I should use my strong communication and collaborative skills to my advantage in learning how to DJ. Since this is a new activity for me I should continue to use my skills to my advantage in learning a new activity and developing my skills within this new environment. Although I am extremely unfamiliar with Djing and how it works I should continue to stay open-minded and engaged in this activity in order to learn new skills within this activity. Overall Im looking forward to participating in this activity this year and I hope to develop a new passion of Djing.