Fitness with Simei Centre- September 2020

LO3. An experience that you will initiate and plan

LO7. An experience that will involve consideration of ethical implications

LO7. During our second session of service, we completed a total of 4 topics aimed for volunteers who will be working with people who have disabilities. Here, we learnt about the different types of disabilities, the barriers faced by those with disabilities, and the “Do’s and Don’ts” for when interacting with them. I found this e-learning very useful, as I had never been educated on this specific topic, therefore never knew much of it. I will definitely keep everything that I have learnt into consideration when we get to start interacting with them online, which I am very excited about!

LO3. Each video call and prerecorded video will be planned a week in advance by the students in the service. This is done in groups of 2 that will be rotating each week. When planning the sessions with my partner, I will need to keep into consideration what will be suitable or not for the people we are working with. I would also need to make sure that we get everything planned on time, which would be a week prior, in order to avoid any confusion. I will try my best to plan enjoyable sessions for both us and the people we will be meeting, as it would be great of everyone could have a great time.