My IGCSE Journey

Through grades 9 and 10, I have found my love for extracurricular activities. One reason that might be is because of all the activities and services I have participated in. Last year I was part of 9 activities and services. Because I was able to experiment with different types of activities and services, I feel like I have finally found the few I love. I feel like I was able to develop my passions because of UWC’s incredible options. 

My greatest accomplishment this year would be that I’ve restructured the whole Epic Arts service by forming project groups and establishing regular communication with our partners. Similarly, I’ve expanded the service Generation Education Period (a service I am part of)  focus to ensure all UWC students have access to menstrual products at school: I spearheaded the provision of free pads and tampons for menstruators caught without and relaunched menstrual cup sales that were stalling. This year I have been part of the service and sustainable development executive committee. It has been such a rewarding experience as I have been able to look at service as a whole and not just the individual services I am part of but oversee the purpose and true meaning of why service is so important.

This year we had conversations with our university advisors and I have realized that I think I might want to pursue drama in the future. Last year, I remember having absolutely no idea what I want to be when I am older, but after almost finishing my drama IGCSE course, I feel like I have a strong connection with it. 

I am really looking forward to Grade 11. I’m really happy that I’ve had the same classes with the same students and teachers through grades 9 and 10 as it allowed me to further develop my skills but will also give me the opportunity to build closer relationships with my teachers and classmates. I am really looking forward to making new friends and starting new classes in grade 11; I feel like it will be a fresh new slate and it excites me that all the classes I am taking are ones that I am truly interested in.