Culturama CAS reflection

Yesterday was my first Culturama practice for culturama India. I really enjoyed the process of signing up and the audition process. I was slightly nervous during the auditions but I am excited to work with the rest of the team in preparing for the final performance. Dance and culturama, from my past experience, has taught and helped me to work on my Collaboration skills as all the dancers need to be in sync and work together to make sure the dance looks nice. Dance is also a challenge for me because of the nerves that come with performing on stage however every time I perform I become slightly less nervous. I also feel that the style and skill level of the dance in this years culturama is much more challenging. For example, the Bhangra uses a lot of energy and is a very upbeat dance however, I am not a particularly energetic person and I find it challenging to perform with a lot of energy. It is very important to me that I try to emulate that energy in the dance as it is key to the style of dancing and will make the performance look more lively and enjoyable. As I am in grade 12 and am really busy, sue to other commitments (Other activities, service, EE, IA’s, assessments, UNI things) I also want to manage my time effectively and show my commitment and resilience. Because I want to do this dance and work with a team I have to make sure that I can do my best and give the dance the attention t that it deserves.

#LO5, #LO4, #LO2