introduction to G9 drama

lessons 1 & 2:

The first two lessons have mainly been for getting used to the space that we’re using for the next two years, as well as getting to know the people in our class. I’ve really enjoyed these lessons, as we’ve kept them pretty relaxed and simple. We have been playing lots of movement activities, for example, in Lesson 1, we were in an activity where you would need to move around the space at 100%, not going in any specific direction, until Ms Parr yelled out an action. The action could be something like “fold!”, where you would need run to an object in the room and fold yourself over it. It could also be something like “clock!”, where we would all have to slowly walk towards the clock, and very carefully, without speaking or using instruction, we would all need to point at the clock at the same time. I really enjoyed this activity, as you would always have to be aware and ready to go to the next action.

As much as I’m liking these games, I’m really excited to get onto more devised and performance-based pieces. Ms Parr told us that our first unit is Storytelling, where we have to adapt a fairy tale and preform it in front of Grade 1s. I can’t wait to do this as I think I have some ways I could tell something like this creatively.

I think that’s all I have time for today, as my Mum’s calling me to take my dog out and I’m pretty sure I’ve got a couple minutes until he pisses himself.

Yours Truly,

Lucas Duncan.