Kahaani reflection

(LO2)

Going back into live performances, Kahaani has been challenging for me due to the ethical and emotional conflicts in preparing for the first live performance in several years, however with many restrictions. My motivation fell over time as rules changed, and I saw my dance leaders having to change the dance to accommodate. Of course, I understood why, but this was very discouraging for me as the dance showcase which I am leading is planned to happen a month after the Kahaani performance. Particularly as this is a busy time for me with two shows back to back, I’m finding that my lack of motivation due to covid has made this experience very stressful. However, I have a lot of support to keep me working, and I realised that there’s no need to put pressure on myself, especially when there are so many others helping to lead me through. As I have no leadership position in Kahaani, my expectations aren’t heavy. All I need to do is show up. But I think the stressful part is seeing how Kahaani is affected by regulations and expecting something similar in my show as well.