CREATIVITY : Musical Showcase – Reflection and demonstration

REFLECTION AND DEMONSTRATION STAGE: Now that the musical showcase is over, I can’t help but realise how much I’ve grown not just as a performer, but as an individual. I remember being quite hesitant to participate in this production because of my lack of acting skills and experience with musical theatre. But coming out of it, I now understand that a majority of this whole experience has been solely learning and exploring a new dimension of music and art that I previously had been unaware of. My appreciation of musical theatre and acting has dramatically increased due to this experience, and I’m grateful that I got to be a part of it despite the many challenges our school productions faced because of COVID. The idea of doing scenes from 4 different plays was implemented due to COVID in the first place, which both the music department and students brought to reality. This exhibits the commitment and perseverance that brought us to this point, instead of giving up and cancelling the production(LO4). The skills I’ve developed throughout this learning journey have allowed me to become more confident and expressive in my artistic abilities as a performer, and even as an individual singer, as I have a better idea of how I can control stage presence during performances (LO2). Lastly, this process has definitely taught me about the experience planning process. Experiences like these help me understand the individual steps that are involved in the planning of a CAS experience. I’ve learnt the gradual nature of progress and the important of patience, especially during a time where things stray away from the original plan/idea (LO3)