LO2: CHALLENGE 

So far, I have been pursuing my passion for Carnatic Singing alongside my studies in the IBDP for a few months, and upon reflection, I feel that the most pertinent point on which I can reflect upon are the challenges that doing this has both given me, and enabled me to overcome.

The most notable challenge that has inevitably come with pursuing Carnatic music alongside my other commitments has been the aspect of time management and having to find that balance. Carnatic music is a highly technical art form and requires me to commit multiple hours of practice per week outside of my hourly lessons in order to ensure that I am able to maintain a certain pitch and technicality whilst singing, as well as remember all of the songs and chords learned. It is really important to me to maintain that level of practice, commitment, and dedication as I want to put in as much effort as possible into the creative activity. However, there have been times where upholding this commitment has made me feel quite stressed when coming to balancing it with multiple others to which I want to give equal dedication. Therefore, to overcome this challenge, I have learned to develop a system of productivity and time management in which I dedicate designated periods of time to certain activities, studies, and even times to take a break in order to ensure that I have a balanced schedule.

Thus, whilst this idea of finding a balance between all my activities was exemplified as a challenge to me through this particular experience, I feel that the lessons I have learned regarding how to better manage my time and assign work accordingly will help me throughout all other tasks and commitments.