Soft skill –> creativity

I participated in a creative study. In grade 9 and 10, I created a major project which was a phone holder for a boat. The location of where the phone holder had to be located is on a shelf with an unusual location. None of the dimensions where the same and with a slanted background, I thought it would be hard to build.

The shape of the shelf

When I got the general shape, I wanted my project to stand out. Thus I had to be creative. I then looked into my clients background, needs and wants and eventually formed my phone holder. Having 3 clients meant that I would have to take into considerations of what they all wanted. I then wrote down what they wanted and what they had in common. From there, it allowed me to narrow down and I had to make sure that at the very least, the specifications that they all had in common was to be applied to my project. Once I figured out what the project must have, I had to think of where it should be placed.

Ability to see the screens which are what all my clients wanted
Photo was taken before it is put onto the shelf.

2 thoughts on “Soft skill –> creativity

1. Good pictures, They show your outcome but maybe because you are talking about how you had to be creative you could put a picture of your other ideas for this design. I think you explained your situation well and how you were able to look through the many things you had to account for and use them all for you idea.

2. Good process for your ideas as it shows how you came up with your idea and how you used the problem in your life to have a creative solution. I like how the design of your product fits within the environment really well, not just erganomicly and physically but the naval theme with the anchor on the side .