Netball

As the IB course has become more challenging, I am spending more time at home doing homework and coursework. When this happens, I rarely go out to relax and exercise. Having signed up for Netball, not only keeps me physically fit but also mentally. It is a good way to destress as I can take […]

Kahaani :)

Kahaani has been a very meaningful experience. I have not only learnt a new style of dancing but also learnt more about the Indian culture. I used to dance for fun as an outside school activity. However, learning the purpose behind this dance and the money raised made it more worthwhile. Living in Singapore made […]

AMK minds T3

We are in our third term and only have about are close to the end of not only school but also the service AMK minds. I have enjoyed this experience as it made me aware of how lucky I am. Especially with the Covid-19 situation, it is difficult to spend time with people, and for […]

IR1 Geography EE

Nature has always amazed me and made me want to find out more. This allowed me to narrow down my topic in the EE. Living in Singapore,  we are an important trading point due to our geographical location. When looking out into the ocean, it made me realise that we do not much about our […]

Japan 3

Culturama has been over for a while and yet I can still remember the sense of bond I created with the people I danced with. I can hear the motivational calls as we all go through the tiring rehearsal to prepare for the big day. This has allowed me to reflect on how grateful I […]

Japan 2

The first dance taught was about their history with fishing. Fish were their main source of protein and were considered to be part of their everyday meal. The movement of the dance was huge as if we were catching the fish in our nets when we rowed out into the sea. It shows the determination […]

Japan R1

This year, the countries selected for Culturama were chosen as they all had a UWC campus to celebrate the 50th anniversary. I find this very unique and feel privileged to be able to perform as part of the 50th anniversary of my last high school here at UWCSEA. The country I will be representing through […]

Chinese chat

My overall experience of Chinese chat has not only been enjoyable for me and my student but also handy. Being a tutor in Chinese made me appreciate my teachers and also made me understand how challenging it is to be one. To have the ability to adapt to their learning needs and to be flexible […]