IFP ~Activity with Grade5s~

As part of our IFP activities, we had an opportunity to facilitate an activity to the grade fives and share our learning with each  other. We separated in groups, and did the activity called the game of lives–a simulation of the wealth gap in our society.

Because we didn’t have any time to meet up with the group members beforehand, we had to go on the flow for quite a lot of the things. Most of my experiences of talking in front of a crowd was me talking from a solid script, so it was actually quite a challenge for me, and I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect from the grade fives. When we entered the classroom and started off, we were happy to notice the energy of the grade fives and how they responded. Still, we knew that if we started to do something at the front or stopped the flow of the activity, they were going to lose concentration very quickly, so we tried our best to support each other and get on top of things.

Overall, I think our activity went very well with the grade fives engaging in the activity and the reflection very much. From that, I felt a big sense of accomplishment  and was pleased with myself taking up the challenge as much as I can. Still though, I think I could have improved on how I speak to the grade 5s (with confidence, and less hesitation) and stay communicated with our group members, even if we couldn’t spend a long time and stop the flow. Ultimately though, since I enjoyed this very much, I hope I have more opportunities in doing things like this.