What lockdown has taught me about

Lockdown has bought me to explore new sides of myself-and thinking what I actually want to do.

First of all, I found out that I wasn’t too bad at self-entertaining myself, and I actually had a lot of things that I wanted to do–for example cook, read books, explore more music, and so on.

One of the things I made. (My parents drunk the beer, not me)

The interesting thing was when I engaged in each of these things, I found myself gaining lots more than I thought I would, or anyone would expect. As I finish a book, I get different inspirations for each one of them. Every time I help my parents in the kitchen or try to cook on my own, my thoughts wander along how I would be managing myself when I have to look after myself. Just like this, I feel as though I’m opening a new door of thoughts every time I engage in something slightly new, especially when there is time to wander off once in a while.

Although I would be relieved when this is over, especially when my productivity for studying has gone pretty low, I think this circuit breaker period was an important period where I got to explore myself. At the same time, I am very grateful I have the privilege to spend my time like this.

One Reply to “What lockdown has taught me about”

1. tsw@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

I am glad you are exploring new things Yuyu. Fantastic reflections!