U19 UWCE Netball Team End of Season Reflection (LO2 & LO5)

In the past two sports seasons, I have participated in U19 Netball pre-season and I was in the A team for the last season.

In pre-season netball, I was able to develop my netball skills such as shooting, passing, communication and versatility with different players for the upcoming sports season.

During the season, I was nominated as team captain, which was a new experience for me. This showed my dedication and experience in the sport over the time that I have been playing it as well as the ability to collaborate with and encourage others in my team. This meant that I needed to have lots of self-discipline so that I would be able to motivate my teammates. This experience also encouraged me to improve my netball skills which resulted in a better performance on court. Additionally, I learned and emphasised the importance of teamwork and collaboration which are essential for a team sport such as netball.

Emily Jayamohan

I believe that I am a very all-rounded person. I have a high commitment to all of my academic subjects, activities and services and I always try to complete every task to the best of my abilities. My focus is to strengthen my involvement in my passions as well as grow in my skills by joining other activities. Some of my extra-curricular interests are sports, theatre, music, dance, and service. My previous commitments in school (some of which I am still continuing) include: Tabitha GC, volunteering at Mutts and Mittens animal shelter, netball coaching, umpiring, and representing teams, volleyball teams, customer service and business operations in the East College Shop and head of Dance Showcase organising committee.