First EE Reflection Session

Before brainstorming about how I can explore my ideas more deeply and more thoroughly, I was certain that I am going to write about a very typical phenonmon in China – Square Dancing. This is a scene that is so common and prevailing, yet the extent of externalities, both positive and negative, aroused many interesting debates in the field of economics and sociology. I have an interesting discussion with my supervisor on how should I approach this topic from an economical approach, and we decided to adopt concepts from demand and supply, market failure, externalities, and government intervention. With these in mind, I am given a direction to focus on in my EE, instead of describing the general concept without going in-depth.

One Reply to “First EE Reflection Session”

1. Hi Iris,
    I remember looking at your proposal (oh, so long ago) and thinking “wow! what a fascinating topic!” Since then, I’ve wondered where you would go with this idea. I’m glad to see that you and your supervisor have developed a plan in terms of economic concepts. Seems like you are on the right track!
    Do let me or your supervisor know if you have any questions.
    Good luck!

Queen EE