Digital Perspectives – What kind of group I work best with

What I value when working with others:

I like partners who stay on task and do the work instead of leaving it till the last minute. I think what’s most important in working in a group is that everyone has a positive attitude towards the work.

What I lose patience with when working with a partner:

When they go off task or completely ignore any ideas i have. I also get annoyed when they’re not contributing and leaving me to do all the work.

If my last collaborative learning experience had a soundtrack it would be:

I’m not really sure what it would be but I would choose the playlist we were actually listening to while working. It was the Descendants movie songs. It would also be a pretty relaxed and calm but also an upbeat song as my last collaborative experience was pretty relaxed and fun

The #1 thing you can do to support me best when we work together is:

I work best when everyone is collaborating equally, and listening to each others ideas. I also work better when everyone has taken responsibility for their task and gets it done.

When it comes to tech, I’m good at X, and I need to get better at x

I think my strengths would be organising and making sure presentations look good. I’m also pretty okay at creating collages. I need to get better at making videos and hacks & tricks.

What people sometimes misunderstand about me when we are teamed up together

A lot of people think I won’t talk much or collaborate many ideas, but usually I have quite a few, just no-one listens to them.

4 comments

1. The most important thing line for me was the fact that you like to make presentations look good; this is because my presentation skills in terms of looks are lower than mediocre. I will remember that you appreciate equal contribution from all members and those who do not procrastinate.

2. The most important line in your post for me was, “I also get annoyed when they’re not contributing and leaving me to do all the work.”, that’s because I too don’t like it when my team mates do not do their fair share of work. I think it is very important that everyone does at least some work to contribute when working in groups- I mean, that’s why we are working in teams in the first place. Two things I will try to remember if we are teamed together is that we will efficiently get our work done well before the deadline, by splitting up the work by designating different roles to each person. I will also keep in mind to go to you for creative ideas and help to stay organised. 🙂