Maths & Me

Name: Riya Jindal

Previous Math Experience: IGCSE Add Math, Middle School Math

Feelings I associate with Maths: ‘Let’s do this’ or ‘What would be the easiest way to do this’ or ‘Why am I overcomplicating it so much?’ Feelings about starting this course: I’m actually quite excited because I’m hoping it will be challenging as well as interesting for me

How do I like to learn Maths and why: I prefer figuring things out on my own once the basic concept has been explained to me, the best part for me when solving a problem is the knowledge that I did it myself

What do I do when I’m ‘stuck’: stare at the problem and hope I figure out something new, move on to the next question if I still can’t figure it out, go back if I think of something or if I’ve finished every other question, ask someone around me if I’m still ‘stuck’

Biggest strength: I think I’m pretty organised, confident, and persistent. I also consider myself to be a problem solver and a good self-manager

Area of focus: I think I want to work on being more optimistic about our chances of finishing the course and doing well, also on being more of a collaborator since I usually prefer working on my own in Math

Anything else?: I work pretty fast when it comes to Math; for me, sometimes math is also just common sense because it’s just logic, there is going to be a concept or formula and you have to apply it to solve the problem.

One comment

1. This is a confident and exciting message – I sense you’re going to have fun during this course and long may it continue 🙂