Circus Club Update

The year started off with a bang!

Almost right away, we had to get to planning a HUGE performance. Performing at the UWC Day assembly was something new even for the returning students. It was, by far, the largest performance we had ever been asked to put on. The sessions before the assembly day were spent making sure that none of us had forgotten our skills, and also a few accidents. I fell off the stilts at one point but luckily, no major injuries.

Soon enough, it was performance day, and it was AMAZING. The energy of the crowd was great and having everyone doing all of their acts together looked so good. It wasn’t entirely planned out – like it’s first going to be this act then this – we all kind of just did what we knew best.

Below is a picture of me doing the poi during the performance, I’m wearing a white and golden skirt:

Since then, we’ve had quite a few more sessions, where we all focused on building up our skills and learning new tricks. Normally, I stick to doing the poi and stilts, as stilts require a lot of practice to not fall off. However, I have also tried to learn juggling and diablo, both of which are kind of like essential circus skills. There isn’t much to say; most of our sessions just consist of experiment and finding what looks cool. We do, however, have another big performance coming up, in collaboration with Blue Dragon. The people who are coming over have been professionally trained in circus skills, so I am trying my hardest to perfect my act and get it on par with them.