Posted in Uncategorized

Wrap – Up Post on Deborah Emmanuel

When Ms. Emmanuel started talking, it wasn’t the usual boring and inspirational talks on how one should ignore the past or why being imprisoned made her poetry bette. Instead, we were greeted by how she appreciates the past and that she does not wish to change any of it as she believes that every one of her hardships is what led her to find happiness. I think this was one of the key take-away points as it really showed me that happiness can be achieved even with hardships and that sometimes to find true happiness, it cannot be done without facing problems.

Moreover, she also talked about Singapore’s ‘CMI’ system and how she didn’t really agree with it. A reason why I remember this particular perspective of her’s is because I myself many of times have just sat and pondered about how ‘labels’ are put on people and most of the times these labels don’t really seem to match the personality of the person. And seriously, I couldn’t agree more as these labels cause more distances and increase problems than decrease.

One thought on “Wrap – Up Post on Deborah Emmanuel