Article analysis

Article Link

Title: Why would google suddenly need to know my birthday

Date: April 30, 2021

Summary

• Some experts who work for that particular field answers the questions from Anonymous about the legal requirements and they provide suggestions on what they can do.
  • One of the customers asked the question that he/she was curious why google asks his/her birthday even though he/she used the google account for many years.
  • And the answer for this is that Google can adjust the age-appropriate settings for individual accounts.
  • Another customer had a problem while installing the software, he/she faced conflicts between Norton 360 and Malwarebytes.
  • The suggestion to this question is to not run two virus detectors at the same time.

The purpose of this article

• To resolve any problems or questions that the customers commonly ask to increase their efficiency and the uncertain detailed information related to these problems by answering specifically.

The tone of this article

• It is quite reliable by looking at the specific writers’ name. (And the respondent name ‘Patrik Marshall’)
  • The answers are specific enough to persuade or to provide the readers’ reliability to make them believe their opinions.
  • It is assertive and encouraging.
  • The tone proves a certain sense of stability and responsibility by indicating the real experience that the respondent had experienced before.
  • The language and the structure are easy to follow.

Why?

• ‘Anne Kuck, Bothell’, ‘Ted Landreth, Sammamish’, ‘Karen Lund’, ‘Patrik Marshall’
  • “My suggestion is to at least temporarily uninstall Norton 360……”
  • “I’ve experienced no problems running the two programs together……”

3 Techniques:

• Sceptical attitude has been exposed through the title of this article which draws a certain curiosity of the readers.
  • The structure is clear enough to show the purpose of this article.
  • Realistic tone and expression work for persuading the customers or the readers like the answers from the people who experienced these problems a lot: “I’m not aware of……”, “I haven’t found a legal requirement” – mentioning the point the questioners asked

3 words that are unfamiliar to me

• Malwarebytes: A cross-platform anti-malware program that detects and removes malware and other rogue software
  • Norton 360: Antivirus software