Kampot Khmer HS – Start of the year reflection

The first session of Kampot Khmer 2021-2022 was today on Tuesday 7th September 2021…

The session was rather tedious as my role as vice chair has not yet ended this meant that I am still responsible for facilitating sessions, taking attendance, and organising notes and slideshows and so on. Although, this does not worry me as typically first sessions are generally a little confusing this year not only did members from last year commit to another year but we got a bunch of new comers who joined our service and we also got a new teacher facilitator Mrs Sabine Veron as a replacement for Mr Stirrat who left our school this year, it is definitely sad to see Mr Stirrat leave but the silver lining is that with new people, we get new perspectives on how to take our work to the next level.

This first session we actually began by introducing ourselves and CLS the NGO that we work through doing a few icebreakers, we also took this opportunity to look back and reflect on the peaks and pits of everything we did the last year,  and most importantly we looked ahead and tried to identify as individuals what we wanted to see and gain out of this new year of Kampot Khmer, it was particularly satisfying watching all of our hard work from last year come to fruition and being able to reflect back on it even though we did hit a few obstacles.

This year I plan on applying and taking on the challenge of being the chair of this GC, as cliche as it feels to put in to words it genuinely feels like all my past experience has been building to this experience, I feel like I have the capability to really create a community with out GC and facilitate growth and improvement as a leader.  The applications will come out this week I believe and I am excited and nervous at the same time, but projecting confidence is the goal. FaKE iT tIlL yOu MAke It!…? :/ 😀 but I am staying positive!

Anyways, this year I think will be a good year. I am confident that everyone in the GC brings something to the table and as long as we recognise it and take advantage of it we can strive for and achieve new levels of success! 🙂

Images from Project Week 2018 (I did not attend this however it is a great representation of the community that we work with)

.