Kampot Khmer Mid year CAS relflection

At the moment Kampot Khmer GC is frankly very stressful, we are currently in the midst of planning the 2020-2021 Talent Quest and although it is a lot of work I am confident that it is going to bet the best one yet. this year we are taking extra initiative to work with the school community to facilitate more participation and hopefully more awareness of what our GC does!

As a first time Chair of the GC it is hard to ever feel fully adapted to the requirements of the job. Although I am fully capable of doing it, new challenges arise daily that I am often unsure of how to deal with. When in such a predicament I always ensure to give my self adequate time to think of my next steps and I ensure to keep my Vice Chair and teacher facilitators aware of my thought process at all times. I also am always communicate with my team and ensure to express my openness towards them giving me suggestions on what to do or even how to improve as a leader. I also rely on the experience and advice of people more experienced than I am to guide the direction in which we are taking our service group, such as Mr Hannah, Ms Sharon and Mrs Psillides. At the moment they are avidly helping my team and I in the creation of our marketing strategy and

The last time that I had reflected on Kampot Khmer I expressed a fear of working with people I am not familiar with and I must say that it is far less intimidating after a month of two, all of the members are extremely nice and hardworking and more importantly they are unexpectedly enthusiastic about helping me and the service group! I am really glad to have had such a great group and I am confident they will continue to work hard and make this event a success.

To conclude, I believe that it is important to share that the most important lesson I could have learned from this GC so far is to NEVER be afraid to ask for help and always be open to constructive criticism, it sure has helped me a lot!

🙂