Rehearsal video

LO2= A new challenge may be an unfamiliar experience, or an extension of an existing one.  The newly acquired or developed skills may be shown through experiences that the student has not previously undertaken or through increased expertise in an established area.

1st Reflection

Culturama was one of the most memorable dance showcases I have ever been part of, it was both enjoyable and challenging. The last time I remember dancing in front of a big crowd was when I was 9 years old, at my old dance school. Ever since then I have never had the courage to step out on stage again, because I was scared of messing up. By the support of my friends and the well-roundedness of culturama, I began to gain more courage and decided to audition. Learning a series of intricate dance moves through a laptop screen was far more difficult than I anticipated. It took me quite a bit of time to reconnect the muscles and joints of my body again. Regaining hand-eye coordination for dancing was difficult but in the end I was able to push through. The process of this unfamiliar experience had allowed me to regain previously acquired skills yet also expand to new extensive skills. I consolidated my skill of resilience through the preparation process, many times I second guess myself. Since we were allowed to audition for 3 dances, I wanted to take the opportunity to do all. Memorising one dance was hard enough and three felt almost impossible. Many times I felt like backing out just because it was the easy way out, but I knew that this experience would amount to something which is why I decided to push on. Everyday after school for a week I would designate at least 10-30 minutes in practicing my dance moves over and over again to make sure it was perfect.

Performance pictures 

Culturama: L02