LO1-Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.

Volleyball has been a sport I have always enjoyed playing ever since middle school,growing up I have always been surrounded by people who love to watch volleyball. Being able to continue the journey as a volleyball player is a true blessing. Committing to a highly rigorous volleyball season has taught me a lot. Volleyball is one of the biggest team sports I know. Volleyball requires a lot of skills one significant one being collaboration. The saying that there is no I in team is a straight fact. Every single player on the court plays a vital role that leads to a perfect execution. The setter is in charge of deciding how the offense will be played, which player they are going to set up and which direction they want the ball to go to. Having 10 amazing hitters would be completely useless in a volleyball team if there isn’t a consistently good setter. The libero specialises in their defensive skill, to pass the ball and start of the play. In order for a good point to be won, every single team mate must not slack off and must put in their 100 percent effort. Trust is a big thing I learned to develop being a volleyball player. It is impossible for you to receive, hit and set up every single ball that charges your way. Instilling trust within your team mates is the key component in a volleyball team. Knowing that there will always be a person behind you that will pass up that ball will make your team that much stronger, that was definitely a new challenge that I encountered. Playing volleyball has given me many obstacles to overcome. There are many times in games where you are placed in such a stressful and agitated atmosphere where the only way to escape is to finish the game. Volleyball has allowed me to shine light on my own strength and weaknesses, seeing what I have to work on and what I am already doing well will surely help me develop into a stronger player in the future. Almost every coach I have encountered in my time playing volleyball have told me that this sport is 10 percent skill and 90 percent mental. I have never believed that until I faced incredibly tough teams. Volleyball is a highly psychological game and your ability to maintain your concentration can control the outcome of your game. I have learnt so much about my emotions and how to control them when challenged with an extremely difficult and stressful situation. You are the only person that can control your emotions, no one else, and it is for you to decide will you let your emotions get the best of you or will you turn your emotions into a positive energy. I also learnt that emotions run high and it is very very infectious and contagious. Negative energy has a knock on effect, once one person is mentally out of the game it transmits from one person to the next and leads to a very bad game. You being upset and visibly showing your frustation will only radiate negative energy and once it catches on to someone it will break your whole team.

Volleyball SEASAC 2018