DT communication

In the process of my my major project, I learned and honed important skills in the communicative process. This happened in the earlier stages of the process, mainly criterion 1 & 2. I feel that this part of the whole process is vital to its function. As it dictates the flow and steps required for the rest of the project. I see it to be, that if this section was executed poorly there would be severe repercussions throughout the rest of the project, and in the long run conclude with the client being disappointed. This is why I greatly value the following skills I practiced: Communication, Client empathy and Collaboration as my soft skills and Data collection as my technical skill.

As you can see below, these first skills were seen in the very beginning of the whole project. In criterion 1; with the Consideration of Design need and the Client Consideration. In these sections I had to undergo extensive interviews with my client, in which I gained contextual evidence to my clients personal characteristics and her contextual situation, as I believed this would help me cater better to her specific needs. This is first where I practiced the soft skills. I required these in order to effectively complete the technical skill as I needed to collect the information attentively as be able to understand this information and accordingly sort it to each of the sections in which I refer to the information I had obtained.

These data collective skills would be further and more artisanally looked into in criterion 2 – as you can see below. In this criterion I further looked into the contextual evidence, then using communicative skills I tried to analyse how this information could be useful to me. You can see this below in the section of criterion 2 aptly named: Relevant Data.

Later in the section: Client Interview, as you would be able to deduce; I had documented one of these interviews I had with my client pertaining to the desired aesthetic and ergonometrics that she had desired or features she had thought would be important to have in the product. In this section I further employed my use of the data collective technical skill, and used the soft skill: client empathy, in order to evaluate this information in depth. So much so, that I had done an evaluation and listed the exact desires I had picked up. I then used this information and the research I had done earlier to corroborate a rough idea I had for the design of the product. I think this worked very well to set rough ideas in my mind and to communicate these ideas with my client also kept her aware in this process.