JSK CAS reflection 4 Swimdonesia: #LO3 #LO5

Recently the pandemic limitations on us as a GC have been slightly alleviated. We’ve been granted the ability to conduct Swimdonesia. A usually annual event in which we host an event around people swimming. People get sponsored based on the amount of laps they do, and all of the money generated goes to our GC. It is always a fun event where people get to cool off near the end of the year while also supporting a good cause.

Yet for as fun as the event is, it is also challenging. It requires us to plan and prepare a huge campus wide event that is clear and effective. We planned to do what we did with the video competition, by having the process split up, and having the chairs oversee the entire thing to make sure everything us up to standard.

Currently as communications officer my role doesn’t come until much later, I am in handle of the production and distribution of a trailer of sorts and the general advocation for JSK, so I am with the chairs in overseeing and general planning. Yet even as I’m not directly involved, I’m baffled once again at the individual expertise each person in the group has. It is currently proving to be a fruitful venture.