NYAA GOLD healthy living reflection 3

So far I’ve spent a lot of my grade 11 in sports, more so than any other year. Because of this I feel like my healthy living section for the NYAA is so much more fulfilling, because after each step of growth I take, there was always a clear next step, whether it’s in a different sport or simply from preseason to actual season; I always had a clear goal of improving my physical standing to be as supportive as possible in a sport.

For this reason, I have thoroughly enjoyed this year of activity, even with some of the disappointment in being unable to fully actualise my potential in softball. Another thing, I feel a lot more generally healthy and happy. I’ve been more chipper throughout the day and physical activities get easier and easier as time passes. There was a lull of happiness in exams, but I intend to take s4 volleyball, I think it would be a great way to end of the year with my friends.

This experience has allowed me to have a newfound appreciation for the supporting roles in sports, and the general enjoyment that team sports has to offer. Having played tennis for the majority of my life, I was usually just by myself. But after seeing the pay offs good teamwork, I’ve found it to be so much more rewarding than an individual success.