CAS Project reflection 2: Action & Reflection

As a communications officer I wanted to take leadership initiative in order to achieve my goal. So I decided that I’d do that relating to one of my responsibilities: the blog. I asked to be able to lead a small group of members in helping get down more information and help me revamp the blog. I feel like this will help consolidate me as a respected authority in the GC and grant me more respect and responsibilities when aiding the GC. Although it was a bit challenging to convince them to help me, as the whole atmosphere of a GC on its last leg was somewhat depressing. This made me question if some people were just in the GC to fill out some requirement more so than to do anything? This ethical issue had burdened me for a while, but by proposing it to the students that were hesitant I managed to convince them – I wouldn’t be a great communications officer anyways if I wasn’t good with my words.

The blog rework went smoothly, I made sure that I wanted everyone’s input so I made sure to listen and gather as much information from around the GC so I could make it as rounded and developed as possible. When gathering information on peoples opinions on the website and information we have, I found that much of the data was old and accompanied by drab web design that did not encourage students to join.

So I wanted to work on fixing how we represent ourselves as I wondered if the GC’d be much better off with a website that encouraged more students to join? I somewhat answered that question by realising that in the seasons following, more and more students started showing up to join the GC. It was great to see that the GC had improved, even if only in one facet.