Science Society #2

The High School Science Fair has just ended and over the past few months, as the logistics officer, I have been quite occupied with organizing the logistics of the science fair as well as preparing my individual science fair project. Due to COVID-19 safe-distancing policies and other restrictions, I have faced quite a few problems with allocating spaces to each group in order to adhere by the COVID-19 rules. In order to overcome these challenges, the leadership team and I decided to split the number of groups participating into 2 main groups in which the 1st group will present on Monday and Tuesday and the 2nd group will present on Wednesday and Thursday. This way, we were able to adhere to the COVID-19 restrictions as well as have successful presentations during the Science Fair.

Moreover, at the start of Science Society, my goal was to introduce more interactive sessions as well as try to make the science fair more inclusive in terms of the number of participants from different clubs and I believe that my goal was accomplished since we had various interactive sessions which consisted of watching videos as well as discussions on new and pre-existing scientific discoveries. Additionally, this year, we had over 60 participants in the Science Fair which is double the amount of participants we had last year and we formed new partnerships with other clubs such as Neuroscience Society for the Science Fair.

Overall, I  believe that I was able to fulfill my goals set a few months ago and I was able to overcome the challenges faced when figuring out the logistics of the science fair.

My Science Fair Project