Dance showcase reflection

Having these types of performances allows it to bring people together, people who I never though I really would meet in a classroom setting or just school setting. Doing something active is the best way to connect with someone because you’re working collaboratively. You’re all working towards a common goal that is completely achievable as long as the right amount of effort is put in by everyone collectively. The moment someone slacks off, it ruins the piece. So really using a positive attitude to overcome difficulties together and working cohesively as a group especially while collaboratively with the choreographer. The choreographer comes up with the choreography but really moulds it around what the dancers can do and what we are able to put out there. However  the challenges within groups may be that some people have very strong opinions and that sometimes doesn’t leave room for others to share but again the decision has to made among the group. If one person can’t do it, it shouldn’t be in the dance.

I have been dancing for more than 10 years and you never really stop learning. There’s always something new out there that’s different unique to what you have already done. Me, I’ve always done Chinese dance and have experienced a little bit of other genres but to really be in a full on contemporary piece and a contemporary fusion is different because a lot of it is very different. How it is more expressive and dramatic in the movements while Chinese dance may be more subdued and controlled. You never really want to stop learning because what’s the fun in that?