Is gender identity physical or mental?

Gender is the state of being a man or a female. The term can be used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than the biological ones, I prefer to call that as sex.

Personally, from what I have read and have been surrounded by, I believe that gender identity is something we are born with. But by that, I mean that from the very young age, we are already the gender we are meant to be, psychologically. I believe it is just a matter of realizing, accepting and coming out as what you are. Though we may be influenced by what we are exposed to from a young age, like how girls like pink and boys like cars, we are still what we are.

I believe that gender can affect our identity in many ways: how society sees us and how they would treat us, the way that we would react, and the way we would see ourselves. For example, in the past, women are seen to be weak in society, and because of that, we act fragile and see ourselves also as a weakling. But personally, I believe that even if we have different genders, we are meant to be different from each other. Besides interest and personality, gender is just one of the aspect of that.

Published inAcademicGlobal PerspectiveIGCSEOpinions

Be First to Comment