Kahaani – 1

LO2 – Demonstrate that you have undertaken, developing new skills in the process
LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

I am not a stage person, nor someone who likes to be in the centre of attention. Since young, I have been shying away from stages as well as any key roles in fear of making a mistake due to the perfectionist in me. Though over the years, this attribute of mine became milder as I push myself to step out of my comfort zone by doing little things like being the one to break the silence in a class by at least responding something or volunteering myself to go first and make mistakes.

This time, as a fresh start in IB, I’ve decided to sign up for Kahaani.

Kahaani is an event arranged by the Kolkata GC as an annual awareness and fund-raising event. Recently some of the children from the NGO, Voice of World (which the GC supports), managed to conquer a mountain climbing expedition that is 19000ft high. This is even more amazing as the children the NGO supports are blind. To commemorate their resilience and strength, the theme of this year’s Kahaani show is Victory.

Apparently, there are a whopping 250+ dancers that signed up, which is really amazing and at the same time no surprise because of the fact that there is no auditioning needed (which is also the same reason why I was encouraged to join).

So far, despite the tight schedule as well as the many events being held on a Friday (Cancer Awareness day, the final day of term 1 etc.), I think that our Friday group has been doing pretty well. Yes, there were a couple of times we went a little off track, however, I personally think that the speed in which our group is grasping the dance is really amazing.

My favourite part would definitely be the circle dance in which all of us dance in one gigantic circle in sync, which not only looks cool but in the process developed a bond between each of us as we struggle to grasp the concept of it initially)

Above is a video of one of our practice of the song Jai Ho.

I am looking forward to how the event will work out to be as well as the satisfaction of conquering my shyness once again.

Published inCASCreativity

Be First to Comment