Month: May 2020

Swimming with Hougang Care Center – 3

LO2 – Demonstrate that you have undertaken, developing new skills in the process
LO5 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively

Video link – Recommend to just read the summary below as usual πŸ˜›

• Started the new year with Hamza and I leading the activity!
    • The members were less active in the pool so we chilled. It was nice having the time to talk to them as we are both excited to see each other again after such a long break!
  • Chinese New Year High Tea
    • Helped out a little in it as had Kahaani practice (so I left class a little earlier than usual to join the event!)
    • A little sad to not see our group during the event but still happy to interact with the other members and help out in the event!
      • It once again opens my eyes on how I see the mentally disabled and remind me that each and every one of us is truly different – different condition, communication ability etc.
  • COVID-19
    • The members couldn’t come πŸ™
    • We decided to make use of the time to brainstorm some advocacy activities that we can do as well as make cards to maintain our relationship!
    • Currently, service has just continued again this week, we are currently working on the portfolio to start filling it up for next year’s group to check it out!

Pictures below!

Movie on 10-3-20 at 3.51 PM #2 – A video we made for the future members of the service –> an introduction and some tips!

Badminton 3

LO1 – Identifying your own strengths and develop areas for personal growth
LO4 – Show commitment to and perseverance in you CAS experiences

Video Link – as usual, highly recommended to just read the notes below πŸ™‚

Summary

• Start the new year with a tournament at Dover!
    • Played against Dover, and two other local school (who are both on a whole different level! It is quite a learning watching how they play – how to replicate it though is gonna be hard)
    • Lost to Dover –> Coach said it was a good thing as we previously won against them so it teaches us not to be “too complacent”
  • Season 3 tryouts!
    • Lost to Vamakshi — though in 3 sets so close!
    • A little disappointed but glad to see her improvement and growth (big picture about the team’s future + lots of potential)
    • Doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop though! GOAL: TO TRAIN AND WIN VAMAKSHI BEFORE I GRADUATE!
      • Having a goal you can measure is actually motivating.
  • Due to COVID-19, can only play matches with Dover
    • Played against Aarini – lost to her ultimately but really proud that it was a neck to neck battle! (well until I ran out of stamina in the 3rd set)
  • Current situation in COVID 19 world
    • Still exercising – just less intensity – going out to the park almost every evening.

I can include a couple videos of my match if need be…. πŸ™‚