It was just another regular day in the store. Business was slow as usual and I didn’t get many customers. I quickly had my lunch and sat at behind the counter for my afternoon shift. I still had to work in my store despite being the owner because I couldn’t afford to hire many staff. A while later, three men entered the store. I didn’t really pay attention as I as reading the local newspaper. All of a sudden, one of them started taking cigarette boxes I had on the counter. They also had some drinks and other stuff. I was getting the cash register ready, when they just walked out without of paying. I decided to go and confront them. I got off my chair and left the counter. “This is not right!” I said. “You have to pay for them!”. The men just kept denying me. I pleaded them to pay for the items but they just kept walking out. I even tried stopping them by holding the door, but the strong man pushed me down. I yelled, “I’m going to call the cops!” just as he left the store. He immediately stopped and then came back in. He walked up towards me threatened to kill me if I did. I got so scared I just ran back into the store. Once I saw them get onto their car I decided to dial 911 immediately.

237 words