LO5: Culturama

This is my first year of joining culturama and I’m really enjoying it so far. Our performance is on 10th of November and I’m in China. I was pretty nervous when I was auditioning for China because it was my first time and I really hoped I could get in. I was very happy that I got in because it was quite unexpected. The first practice went pretty well because the dance leaders were giving us an overview of how our performance would look like, what clothes we’ll wear, how the formation would look like etc. After a few more practices, our group started to become closer and our dance steps looked more synchronized and smooth.

We had a big culturama meeting/go through at the auditorium a few weeks ago where all the countries were supposed to perform as a practice on stage. I found it very amazing how we all come together as one through the bonding of cultural dances. Everyone on stage was very professional, they looked confident and proud. As we went through each country’s dance, I was very nervous as well because it was my first time dancing on stage. I have to say I’m not a great dancer and I do take a long time to remember the dance moves. However, I think this will be a very good experience for me as it will be my first time dancing on stage and representing China. I’m very excited for the D-Day!

I will be using learning outcome 5 where I think that collaboration is a big part of this creative project. Culturama is about collaborating with each other to make the performance perfect. In this process, we helped one another when we couldn’t do a dance step or we couldn’t remember the steps. Without the others, I think that it would not have been this meaningful.

Here is a practice video during lunch:

One thought on “LO5: Culturama

1. This is amazing! I really like the way that you acknowledged how dependent you have to be on others to be able to pull off a show like Culturama. Good work, Alina!