Criminal psychologist

one very interesting talk I went to was about a young guy from England who went on a path to become a phycologist, he specialised in criminals and men that have sexual groomed or attempted to. he was there to see if they were going to make a change.

many interesting points he brought up were about weird things that have happened, one cool thing that he mentioned was the way he could tell if people were lying just by the way they shift their behaviour. he once worked with someone who had upskirted little girls, since he does not look at the report of the criminal, he was mentally scarred by this experience as he only found this out afterwards. I would not mind talking to him again as he seemed very interesting.

How sports changed my life

this story was a story I could definitely kind of relate to or at least picture better, it was a story about a man who was not very good with academics. instead, he focused his attention on the sports he did, for example, windsurfing, rock climbing and many more, he went to teach these and travelled around the world teaching these sports to people all over the world, he settled in Bintan, mana mana where he taught for a year then went back to England to teach more, he preferred working in Bintan as it was warmer and he enjoyed the sand so he travelled back. that’s where he learnt about mana mana Singapore. he started working with little kids then heard about UWC’s outdoor ed department, where he started to work till he reached the point he is at now, Head Of Outdoor Education.