Emotional Intelligence in PSE – Thoughts and goal settings

This year, I would like to develop the skill/quality of being difficult to offend, because too many people care so much about what others think of themselves and when someone offends you, they want to deliberately bring you down. I have learned that one shouldn’t sink down to their level. When one offends another, the person who offends is usually the one that is not happy and content, therefore instead of being offended you could help them with their problems.

This is important to me because, I have now understood the importance of how one mean, rude comment can destroy a person’s day, which certainly should not be the case. Being difficult to offend will help me be more happy and subsequently lead a more productive day in school and with my extracurricular activities. 

Furthermore,  I believe that I would like to develop the skill of being able to say no to people. In the past I have found out that I can be “too kind” and not being able to refuse to do something, even if it is not in my best interest. I have learned that my wellbeing comes first and I should prioritise my wellbeing over others. This is important to me, because then I will be able to focus more on myself and not others. Although, focusing in on other people and being selfless is a great quality to acquire, one should be able to say no and focus on themselves.