Culturama Final Performance

After many weeks of preparation and countless rehearsals, we finally made it to the Culturama showcase! This has definitely been the highlight of my year so far. From costume fittings to helping each other perfect the steps, being able to finally perform the dance that we worked very hard on was exhilarating. As a dance with more than one person takes synchronisation, this show helped me to develop not only collaboration skills but patience as well. I learned and gained a lot from this performance and learned so much from my peers. This experience led me to be more confident and believe more firmly in myself as I had to perform in front of others, and helped me to build stronger friendships with those around me. Additionally, being able to learn a dance from another culture and to be able to appreciate it and share it with other people was a very rewarding opportunity. As we had to learn the dance relatively quickly while adjusting to the IB, this was a challenging experience as we had many rehearsals while having to manage our time wisely as not to get overwhelmed or fall behind with work.