This session was a slightly unusual one, as myself and 3 other new members of the group volunteered to go to Mr Hunt’s office and help with contributing to the East-Dover Rainforest Restoration Project blog. Strictly speaking, 3 of us wrote the first blog post the East group had made in more than a year, while the other wrote emails to those who had signed up to plant trees in the school.

We were reporting on the Woodleigh Park planting, and reflecting on how it was a learning experience, as well as writing up the near-mandatory list of relevant trees (14 trees). I am extremely glad that I volunteered to do this, as Mr Hunt gave us access to some very useful documents to help in our writing. The first was a document linking to all the trees planted on that day, and the second (linked in the former doc) was to the list of all the trees in the Dover Nursery. As we were writing, the rest of the group was cataloguing and organizing our trees, and so I will probably get an East Nursery catalogue as well soon.

So in short, this session was very good for helping me get an even better understanding of how the service works, and what specifically it does. I do hope I will get to have a bigger role in this, helping to do more of the banal, behind-the-scenes work, but I suppose that will come with being in the service for a while.