Learning Outcome 1- Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth and 4 – Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences

Learning Outcome 4 – Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences

The school tennis season is just beginning and I hope to achieve learning outcomes 1 – Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth and 4 – Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences. Students can articulate the stages from conceiving an idea to executing a plan for a CAS experience or series of CAS experiences. We train three times a week for 2 hours as part of the school tennis season. This month, I have been working extremely hard in both school and academy tennis to best prepare myself for matches soon. I suffered from an injury earlier this year, so I am training myself to adapt to it and play as best I can. Tennis is a very technical sport and therefore, perfecting technique is a key element in improvement in the sport. Each stroke has its individual nuances that one must be aware of and its easy to forget the fundamentals when in a match. Therefore, during training season we practice the same strokes over and over again to enforce muscle memory and improve our game tremendously. I think training time is more important than games because it is where we learn the absolute basics and brush up on anything we may have overlooked. I see great improvement in my shots and confidence after my injury – and I am ready to play some matches!