Softball Initial Reflection

I joined Softball Pre-Season and it’s something that is really out of my comfort zone as I normally don’t engage in team sports and stick to things like Badminton and Boxing, at first I was very anxious about the training as I didn’t know many of the girls on the team and wasn’t very confident in my ability to match theirs. But as I talked to more people who also signed up I realized it was much more focused on having fun and trying to improve yourself no matter what level you’re on. Most of the other girls who also joined haven’t played softball before either and just wanted to give it a try. I also signed up with a friend so it was more as a way to have fun while learning a new sport than having a competition. I think this will help me improve on one of my weaknesses which is communication as I normally prefer working by myself on a sport or at school, I have always found softball to be fun and engaging when we did it in PE but I think this will be a new experience. I’m excited to get to know more of the girls on the pitch and improve my skills as much as possible even if I don’t make it into the team.