What are some of your goals for this summer internship?
- To gain more insight into the medical field and how exactly a hospital operates on a day to day basis
- To find out and clarify my interests within the medical sector and possible specialisations
- To better understand the importance of a doctor and their day to day roles
- To get more comfortable in a hospital setting
What might be some evidence you can collect to assess how successful the summer has been for you?
- Photos and reflections on my daily encounters
- Confidence in the medical profession
- Keeping a diary or journal during my internship time to ensure I am understanding what I am observing
What challenges might you face and what might be some of the strategies you can employ in a similar situation?
- Lack of first hand work and interaction
- Patient confidentiality might not allow me to do many things
- Lack of knowledge and understanding of issues
- Unable to speak about certain experiences
- Might not be able to anything hands on, might just be able to observe quietly
If you could refine it to one goal, what would be the most important one to pay attention to this summer?
- My most important goal for me is to become more aware of a doctor’s daily life and what the holds. I want to understand what it’s like to be a legit doctor in it’s un-glorified form
I’m looking forward to my internship and am very grateful for the opportunity I have been given.